
February 12, 1974 -- June 5, 2008
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day -- 2 Timothy 4:7-8
Home with the Lord, surely she would encourage each of you to Live Well, Laugh Often and Love Much!
Thank you for your prayers and kind words of encouragement and support throughout this journey. -- The Family of Mangy Moose

18 comments:
Jen
Music has always been a common thread in our friendship and a song resounding in our home and lives right now is the one by Mercy Me - I Can Only Imagine. And right now I can only imagine what you are doing with your heavenly father... There are not enough words to express how much I miss you already! Stealing another line from Mercy Me,"Welcome to the house of God my friend."
I love you always...
April
Jenny-thank you for giving so much--love, kindness, compassion, inspiration, strength, and friendship.
Jeff-we will continue to hold you up in prayer.
Grace-those who knew your mom got a glimpse of Jesus.
Love & Blessings,
Eric & Darlene Steffensen
Jenny was a gift to all who knew her. Her love flowed to those she came in contact with and her spirit of strength and courage gave amazing hope to many. Thane and I have shed many tears tonight for her. We know she's in a better place and pain free, but we will miss her, and we know her beloved family will miss her deeply. We hold all of you, Jeff and Grace, Roy & Carrie, Julie and family, Doug & Nancy, Ina and all the other family members up in prayer. May you know that our Savior is with Jenny and that He cares for each of you and holds your tears in his hands.
Jenny has left an amazing legacy. We are so sorry that her time was cut so short, but so blessed to have shared in small part of her life.
Love,
Thane and Connie
Jenny's time on earth inspired us all to remember what is important in this life. She left a piece of herself and her indomitable spirit in each of us.
That Type A personality she talked about so often did its job well, especially for Grace. For in each of us, a unique aspect of Jenny will live on, allowing Grace to continue to see a bit of her mother in all of us.
To her phenomenal family members, we extend our prayers and love. We herald your fine examples as you have provided such loving and admirable support on this journey with Jenny.
The Love Family
Jen,
I don't know you as well as I would have liked to. Despite this, I watched you impact one of the most important people to me and that in turn trickled down to me. For one of the first times in my life you gave me a tangiable picture of the peace that we can only find through Christ. You found this peace and faith in Christ, in a situation that most would have doubted.
When He had called the people to Himself, with His disciples also, He said to them, "Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me". --Mark 8:34
Thank you...you will be missed.
A heavy heart lays across Bonner County this morning.. as a reader of your blog, I saw the show of courage we can only dream about...
Will I dance for you Jesus, or in awe of you be still? Will I stand in your presence or to my knees will I fail
Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all. I can only imagine...
That you Jen, will be dancing with Jesus...
God bless...
I will carry you with me forever, Jenny--especially in how I raise my little girls.
Dear Grace, I've only met you once, but know that there is one more person out there of the many you already have who would walk through fire for you if you needed it.
Jeff--I am lousy at praying, but all I have goes out to you two.
Today I will try and continue to focus on how lucky I am to have been one of the ones who got to know and be inspired by Jenny.
Much love,
Erin Siemers-Daniels
Yesterday I was zooming from place to place living life trying to get my mind off a dear friend that was at God's mercy, when a song that I've "listened" to, over and over, stopped me and I really listened to it for the first time. It was so fitting for Jenny's journey....and Jeff and Grace and the rest of her family. It is on the latest Alison Krause album and really it says it all...
"God's given us years of hapiness here
Now we must past
And as the angels come and call for you
The pains of grief tug at my heart
Oh, my darling
My heart breaks as you take your long journey
Oh, the days will be empty
The nights so long without you my love
And when God calls for you I'm left alone
But we will meet in heaven above
Oh, my darling
My darling
My heart breaks as you take your long journey
Fond memories I'll keep of happy ways
That on earth we trod
And when I come we will walk hand in hand
As one in heaven in the family of God
Oh, my darling
My heart breaks as you take your long journey"
Written by A.D Watson and Rosa Lee Watson
As we miss you here on earth, it is with peace we know you are finally without pain and what glory it will be when we all walk with you hand in hand in the family of God. Jenny you will never leave my thoughts. Jenny's family, I hold you up in prayer.
In God's Grace and Humility, Hilary
" I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life. I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live."
John 5:24,25
Jenny an incredible lady with a great big heart & an amazing soul. I thank you so much for the gift of your friendship.
I will miss you.
Jeff & little Grace thank you for sharing such a wonderful person with me and many others.
Love,
Lisa David
I didnt ever get to meet Jenny in person but i have heard a lot about her and saw many pictures from her sister in-law. She was a strong and an amazing women.
Jeff & Grace my thoughts and prayers are with you in this difficult time. Take strength in your memories, and have faith in tomorrow. Nothing is harder than losing someone you love.
May god bless you
Caralee Johnson
Price Right Real Estate
I had two dreams about you last night. In the first, Jeff, you, and I embraced in love and friendship. In the dream and even now, I remembered feeling your denim jacket. And in the second dream, I hugged you and told you how much I loved you and will never forget you. The dreams felt so usually real. I will have to assume that your beautiful spirit took a brief visit to our family.
For a brief moment in this time continuum, you were angel on Earth. Now, we know that you are carefully orchestrating and organizing God's angels. Right? Angels with big wings in this location ... angels with smaller wings in this location ... and so on. One day I will have to hope that I can join you so that our Type A personalities can help organize God's efforts. =)
With great love and appreciation for touching our lives so deeply ... Krisianna, Jeff, and Lili
"We are all of us
Molded and remolded by those who have loved us
no love, no friendship can ever cross the path of our destiny
without leaving its mark upon us forever..."
I am humbeled by your grace in my life and I thank you for all the witty smiles you shared along the way.
Suzanne Tugman
My heartfelt thoughts are with you all in this time of great sorrow. What an amazing soul we have lost. Her strength and courage were an inspiration to so many who where blessed to know her either in person or through her beautiful mangymoose blog. Perhaps the following bible verse she included in one of her April blogs can be of some comfort:
"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."
Romans 8:28
May your sweet memories ease your pain. During this difficult time may you feel God's loving arms around you.
Rita Price
Jenny,
I know you're checking your blog up in heaven...probably one of the first things you did after you got "the answers." I know I would. I remember one of your biggest fears was leaving the people you loved behind, but know that we've still got you...in our minds, in our hearts, in our souls. I'll always think of you when I cross the Long Bridge and look out across the water. You left an indelible mark upon all of us here in Sandpoint, and the world beyond. Your legacy is sealed for those lucky enough to spend time with you...no matter how brief. Yes, you were a real life angel...as many of us realized...now everyone knows your secret. We'll stare up into the twinkling night sky and think of you often...the heavens was where you always belonged....
Jenny, I will so miss you, my friend, and the inspiration you shared through Mangy Moose Acres. Your perspective on life, your appreciation of the everyday details that paint the backdrop of our lives and your steadfast faith are things I will carry with me always -- especially as I watch my own daughter grow.
Jeff and Grace, you will continue to be in our prayers each night. I know that the Lord will be near to you in this difficult time and that He will bring you His peace.
Lots of love from Michigan,
Jen Riley
Words seem so inadequete at this time. Losing someone who shared so much love and life is beyond compare. I wish I could wrap my arms around the computer and send a big hug. Jenny was amazing in her love and faith. These are things that anyone who knew her will carry with them always. She inspired me so much in how she lived her life and in reading her blog. I would look forward to reading her insights on the day and the world around us. I can only hope that I can live, laugh , and love so fully every day.
Jeff and Grace - you are in my thoughts and prayers. I know the warmth of Jenny's love will surround and embrace you and mend your hearts as you carry on each day.
To the Meyer family - you have been such a big part of my life - please know that I am with you with ALL my heart and prayers even though I am not there in person to be with you.
All our love, friendship, and prayers,
Kris and Mark Dobrilovic
I never met you, Jenny, but after reading about you in the paper, I was struck by your ultimate act of motherhood when you carried your daughter to term in lieu of chemo. Now that I have a son of my own, I truly understand...
Your story was featured on Huckleberries yesterday, and I was again moved to tears- this time over your passing.
When I clicked on the link to visit your blog, however, I realized you were a child of Christ and had merely gone home to Heaven. I hope you will be provided a window to see how deeply you have affected not only your family and friends, but even total strangers such as I... you've reaffirmed my faith and given me hope that I too will one day face the journey home with as much strength and peace as you did. God bless you, Jenny.
Happy Birthday in Heaven! We miss you today...
Post a Comment