Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Follow Through

How many times have we written in Christmas cards, "We need to get together sometime?" Or how about when you see someone in the grocery store and you say, "Call me and we'll do lunch." It happens a lot, unfortunately. While you might have good intentions, you usually don't follow through or life gets too crazy. Well, last night, I made an exception to the empty promise. My sister and I and couple of long-time friends got together for dinner with the kids. I'm so thankful we did, too. It was a relaxing evening with good food and good pals. I feel blessed that I have the kind of relationships that don't take much to maintain, however, I know that I take them for granted entirely too much.

"I thank God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy,..."
Philippians 1:3

1 comment:

CameronsCastle said...

What a very sweet post for today. It makes me think... we need to get together sometime. I'll let you know when we plan to be up there again and hopefully it will work out.

Ang