Thursday, April 26, 2007

Hiding Hope

I usually don't like to get too personal on this blog...but sometimes things are just so powerful that you have to share. I wouldn't be "authentic" if held back on this latest lesson in life (it's a series we're going through at church so I gotta behave).

Lately, my cancer numbers are climbing. Climbing to a level that should be pretty disheartening and bringing on a lot of pain. However, I feel great. I have no pain, and we're (meaning the medical team and I) going to ignore the number and go with how I feel. When trying to explain this to people, I find it hard to say the word, M-I-R-A-C-L-E. I know that something very powerful is going on, but kind of trip over it when I talk to people. Why is that? It's not that I don't believe it can happen, I guess I feel maybe people might think I'm crazy. So yes, I think something huge can happen from all of this and I refuse to hide my hope.

"Uphold me according to Your word, that I may live; and do not let me be ashamed of my hope."
Psalm 119:116

5 comments:

MLove said...

Your team, filled with hope, is behind you all the way!

live love laugh hope said...

Praying for you Jenny! You are in my thoughts and prayers so often!!
Focus on the daily miracles and wonders God performs in your life and those around you. You are an inspiration to me!!
Hugs,
Connie Lloyd

Melissa Nodzu said...

Jenny -

It is refreshing, inspiring & enlightening to read your words. Rooting for you as always. You are a miracle - shout it out loud -you are unique. I think I told you before, my cousin was diagnosed at 25, she is now 43. Just keep on feeling good and live like you do and the blessings will continue to surround you.

Peace -

Melissa Wilson

Shawn S. said...

Jen, Thank you for giving us a glimpse at a a miracle today. Your words were with me all day long. I am so thankful for you. -Sara

CameronsCastle said...

Of all the people I know, you're most worthy and deserving of the miracles you've already received and continue to receive in your life. Thank you for sharing with us today!
Ang