Seven years ago today my life changed forever. I don't really remember the person before my diagnosis, but know that while it has been difficult at times, I am a better person because of the cancer. It has made me focus on the bigger perspective and what we need to accomplish in our short time here on earth. I feel completely blessed with a marriage that doesn't get hung up on silly things...that I have friends in Michigan, Montana, and Calgary that wouldn't be in my life if I didn't have cancer...my faith has grown beyond anything I would have ever dreamed. These are good things. While cancer can certainly do it's damage, it is minimal compared to the amazing changes and strength it can bring a person. So thank you. Thank you for your prayers, thank you for your support, thank you for your love. Thank you, Father, for one more day.
"We acquire the strength we have overcome."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
"But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."
Isaiah 40:31
Thursday, April 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Congrulations on 7 years...and still counting... May the days, months and years to come..be many...and with sunshine to bast in.
Hi Jenny...saw Mrs. Love's post today drawing attention to your milestone. I just wanted to let you know that there are many people from your past rooting for you and thinking positive thoughts from afar.
I scanned through the rest of your blog...I enjoyed the critter photos...you and Jeff have an adorable little munchkin too! I'm glad to hear that you have such a great place and many animals...farm life can bring great peace.
take care,
-niki p.
Post a Comment