Yesterday, I was a substitute teacher for my daughter's kindergarten class. While it went well, I know that it's something I wouldn't be able to do on a daily basis. Teachers are gifted people, that's for sure. My position as a stay-at-home mom is one that I will never take for granted. For a long time, I didn't think the position was worthy of my degree and experience. I didn't feel like I was contributing to my family in a proper way. I could have been a buyer at a large retail company or a teacher at the local high school. However, God put some obstacles in my way to allow me to stay home. Once I realized what a gift this was, I finally appreciated my position in life. Our child is the greatest investment this family will ever make. She's only little for so long and with my medical condition, each day is a blessing.
"Time slides through our fingers like a well-greased string. There is no better time than now to assess the values which are worthy of our time and effort."
Dr. James Dobson
Friday, January 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment