Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Stop and Smell the Roses (Revised)


My friend sent me a wonderful quote yesterday that I thought I would share. She must have known that I'm a big Old Waldo fan so I was excited to have another one of his tidbits for my collection.

"Never lose the opportunity to see anything that is beautiful. It is God's handwriting - a wayside sacrement."
Ralph Waldo Emerson

We have all heard the "stop and smell the roses," but I like this quote so much more. This picture reminded me of how we need to stop and take a breath to see the beauty that surrounds us. We were in a hurry to get over to Grandma's. Our daughter had just jumped in the truck after taking a bath, and she just looked so darn cute. I had to take a picture. She just looked too grown up, and I felt if I snapped the picture, time would slow down. Well, it did, for a moment.

1 comment:

MLove said...

You just keep getting up earlier every morning. Do ya have some roses up there in Elmira? I'm getting to the stage where winter's making me yearn for the smells and colors of flowers.

Have a great day. Love the picture.