In the world of science and physics, if you give something light, you give it energy. I was told that a while ago when I worked with a group of women that would talk monthly at the church. The woman was a former NASA engineer with a very blunt and honest approach to life. She applied this rule of physics to my life and told me that if I focused on the cancer, it would have more energy and control in my life. If I chose to give other things energy, the cancer would have less power. It makes sense. If you focus on the bad things in your life, you'll be miserable because they have the power. If you choose to give the good things light, you'll see a difference.
Apparently, someone already figured this out because the words of an old hymn reflect this very idea.
"Turn your eyes upon Jesus. Look full in His wonderful face. And the things on earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace."
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment