It's Memorial Day Weekend already. That's difficult to believe after such a crazy winter. As morbid as it might sound, I love the beauty of a cemetery after this weekend. The colors from so many flowers, the flags at each grave, the lush, green spring grass. It's an an amazing site. Then you think about all the men and women that have put their lives on the line for our freedom. What a sacrifice for you and me. For that, I am incredibly thankful.
It's also a time to remember those that have passed away before us. It can be sad, but we know that they're in a better place right now...watching over us. Unfortunately, death is something we will all come up against, but it's nothing to fear. We are going to be reunited with those that we love.
"Yea, though I will walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.
Psalm 23:4
Friday, May 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment