In Grandma's house, the living room is made up of a brown, plush carpet. In addition, there are two huge windows that look out from this room. So the afternoon sun, combined with the comfort of the floor makes for a fabulous napping spot. That's where you can usually find me in the early afternoon while I wait for my daughter to get home from school. It's the most peaceful moment of the day.
Yesterday, my sister called me about this time to see what I was doing. She said, "Don't get up. I'll be there to join you." She knows about this peaceful napping spot as well, and the two of us just laid there...soaking up the sun and catching up. It made for a wonderful afternoon to be able to share my peaceful moment with her.
Sisters is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship. ~Margaret Mead
Friday, May 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
This is a beautiful picture!!!
Mmmmm...there is nothing like a cozy nap!
It has been really wonderful to live near my sister. That really hasn't happened for us since she was a toddler. With her 75 hour a week chef's schedule I don't get to see her as much as I would like...but it is so much more than if we lived apart! :) -S
Post a Comment