Big changes around here this week. Our daughter went from a 5 day a week program that ended at 11:45 to a 4 day that ends at 2:15. I was sure that I was ready for this, but this stay-at-home mom had another thing coming. Luckily, we're expecting company this week so that kept me busy...for a little bit.
Cleaned the house....checked the clock. Nope, not time to get her yet.
Made cookies...checked the clock. No, not time yet.
Made sure the water wasn't frozen and set up my heater for the donkey and the horse...checked the clock. Not yet.
Organized magazines and took out all the trash...checked the clock. Not yet????
Okay, it turned out to be A LOT tougher than I thought it would. In fact, this mom had to do the first day of school all over again. It's hard to think that your baby is old enough to be away from home all day. Yikes! Will she be okay? Will she cry for me? Will she die of hunger? Will she fall asleep in class?
"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."
John 14:27
P.S. She survived (imagine that!) and so did mom.
Tuesday, October 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I hear you! I will be the same way next year when Taylor is gone all day too. I look forward to seeing how the White Witch turned out this year. Happy Halloween up there! It was 18 this morning when we woke up - brrrrrr..... love you guys
Awwww... hang in there. Now you and Grace will have one day during the school week all to yourself!
Tell me, has the next day been a little better?
Friday is when it will be big fun, right!?!?!
Post a Comment