When my husband left for work early this morning, I realized that I forgot to make snacks for my daughter's class last night. I signed up for snacks all week and this was my last day. So, at 4:30 am, I put together some rice krispy T-R-E-A-T-S. See, this week, the class is learning about the letter "T," the color "black," and all about pumpkins. So what do I do? I make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, bring Twistables, Teddy Grahams, Trail Mix, and today's version, Treats. Now, this morning, while in my kitchen, I had a very humbling experience. I was going to cut the treats and put a "T" on each one when I stopped myself. Why am I doing this? What are you trying to prove? That you're supermom? That you are the ultimate homemaker? Immediately, I was embarassed that my pride had overshadowed the real purpose. The kids just want a snack and the teachers just want help. Leave it at that.
"All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the the spirits."
Proverbs 16:2
Friday, October 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Can I please say that you are a SUPER MOM no matter what you do (T's or no T's)?!!?!!!
I would have to agree with Sara you are a super mom, BUT I also know exactly what you feeling/doing trying to go above and beyond. Been there done that. Very humbling today very humbling!
Post a Comment