Monday, February 26, 2007

Daddy's Girl

This weekend, my sister and I left the husbands in charge for one night. We had a late celebration of her 30th birthday at a nearby hotspring so the dads had the girls to themselves for an evening. You know, in the earlier days, it probably would have been something fearful for them. However, the girls are to a point where they are basically self-sufficient and can communicate about everything. I was a bit nervous about leaving our daughter because she hadn't been feeling well, but dad handled it perfectly and acted like an old pro. There is something very special about that father-daughter bond. I love watching them together. It gives me great joy knowing that my daughter will eventually grow up understanding what to expect from a man in her life based on her father's example.

"He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it."
Clarence Budington Kelland

No comments: