Thursday, February 15, 2007

A New Motivation

Despite having a long chemo on Valentine's Day, yesterday turned out to be a good day. For one, my husband sent me a dozen roses as a surprise. Don't ask me how he got them to me. Lord knows you don't order roses on the actual day and expect them to be delivered on time. However, he managed to do that after calling 4 different places. What a guy!

The second thing that happened kind of gave me a new motivation for beating this cancer. Little did I know that one of the resolutions I had made in January could be so effective. I'll explain...
I was sitting in my chair with my headphones on while reading Inside Narnia. I noticed this older lady kind of hovering by me and saw her say, "You're so young." I took my headphones off and asked her what she said.
"You're so young. How old are you?"
"33."
"No....really? I thought you were 16."
Boy, did I laugh. I told her my story and she told me hers. She gave me a book to read and gave me the whole pep talk about beating the odds and such. A very nice lady, but of course, I know all these things already. What struck me though was the age thing. I thought, if I look like this when I'm 33, I could look like 33 when I'm 50. Well, there's a reason right there to kick cancer's bahookie! In any case, it did make me laugh and make me think of one more thing to movtivate me. Oh and the resolution?? I made a resolution to use anti-aging moisturizer every day. Can you believe the results??? 16??? Ha Ha Ha!!

"I said, O my God, do not take me away in the midst of my days..."
Psalm 102:24

1 comment:

IdahoGirls said...

What kind of anti-aging cream are you using? I think I might need some... I don't even get carded - EVER anymore! You go girl!! 16??? Dang! You are doing well!!! You know what you should do though is bottle up your "outlook" on life - that my friend is worth a million dollars!! And big kuddos to Jeff - what a sweetie!! Love you!!