Thursday, February 01, 2007

Drivers License Dilemma

Yesterday was one of those days that I really missed my friend, Heather. She would have understood what I went through like no one else. I thought I would be on top of my game and get my driver's license renewed before it expired this month. When I walked in, I could see the chart for different renewal prices like 1 Year, 2 Years, 3 Years, 4 Years, and 8 Years. Immediately, I panicked. What would I do? Am I an optimist? Am I a realist? Am I just bargaining for one more year? You have no idea what that feels like because I'm sure no one else really thinks about when they might die when they renew their license. Luckily, the lady at the counter made it easy for me by asking for a 4 year or 8 year renewal. The frugal part of me kicked in and we were able to just do a 4 year. I know God has plans to keep me around for a bit longer, but no one really knows how much time we have left on earth. Make sure you're doing something good with it.

"And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called accordingly to His purpose for them."
Romans 8:28

1 comment:

IdahoGirls said...

Wow this was a powerful one today!! Thank you for willingness to be so honest and open about yourself. You keep me so REAL! You know that??