Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Patience Brings Peace

I had a moment on Monday that came rather unexpectedly. I had volunteered to help out in my daughter's class for the first time so I was a little nervous about how I would do and if it would wear me out or not. I have to say that it went extremely well, and I'm eagerly looking forward to my time again in her class.

At one point, I was alone in the room while the teacher ran an errand and the kids were all out for recess. My project was stapling some books together while sometimes taking a break to stare out the window. All of the sudden, I was come over with peace. A peace that was so incredibly comforting, I had to stop what I was doing. I was looking around the room, just thanking God for the opportunity to physically be in her class. For witnessing another beautiful fall day and all its glory. For my Grandma's amazing home and how it brings such joy to our lives. For the wonderful people that surround my daughter every day at this little country school. Everything has fallen together for our little family, and I'm incredibly thankful. Sometimes we are so anxious for things to happen, we forget to enjoy them when God's plan does indeed come together. Obviously, the "peace" part of things faded away when the 16 first graders came marching back in, but it was certainly a beautiful gift while it lasted.

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Jesus Christ."
Philippians 4:6,7

3 comments:

IdahoGirls said...

I love to see prayers be answered. This one gave me shivers today!! Love you, A

CameronsCastle said...

Beautifully said.

Daddy-O said...

I know we talked about this a little bit in previous conversations. Those moments of complete inner peace are rare and truly heaven sent. Let that joy and peace carry you ...