Thursday, October 04, 2007

What to Say...or Not to Say

I have a little "flip" calendar in my bathroom from Women of Faith. I had to chuckle today when I read the quote for October 4th. See, a couple of weeks ago, an aunt had asked me how I do the blog in the morning. Do I know the bible so well that I can quote anything on everything? (That's a big NO! Ha Ha!) Do I have the thought first then apply the scripture or the other way around? None of it is my doing. It never has been about me. In fact, I know when I struggle to find the words to say, my pride is the thing running the show, not God. Believe me, there are days when I want to express the perfect thought, but it comes out all wrong. That's because the focus is not on what He would like me to say...or sometimes not say. I think Barbara Johnson sums it up best.

"It would be great if we could always be prepared to share hope through eloquent speaking and biblical mentoring; how nice if we could have Scripture verses memorized and beautiful prayers prepared to share at a moment's notice in the most frightening situations. But the truth is, sometimes we share hope without saying a word. Sometimes we inspire others to hold on in frightening circumstances simply by continuing to live as though the circumstances aren't frightening - as though we know everything is going to be all right."

2 comments:

IdahoGirls said...

Everything you do inspires hope. You are the most authentic person I know. And I appreciate most that you give all the glory to God!! I am blessed to know you and call you my friend. Love, A

live love laugh hope said...

So, I had this award passed on to me, and I want to pass it on to you. You do an excellent job of discipling on here!!

Excellence in Discipleship
For those who are regular readers of management by God, you know that being about God's Word is very important to me. Since I have started working on this initiative, I have discovered that there many others that have a similar heart to share God's Word, and further His Kingdom. The role of a disciple of Christ is to carry His message to the ends of the earth. It is with this heart that I have created the Mathetes Award. Mathetes is the Greek word for disciple, and the role of the disciple (per the Great Commission) it to make more disciples. In the spirit of this award, the rules are simple. Winners of this award must pick other "disciples" to pass it on to. As you pass it on, I just ask that you mention and provide links for (1)this post as the originator of the award (Dan King of management by God), (2) the person that awarded it to you, and then (3) name and sites that you believe are fulfilling the role of a disciple of Christ. If you know of other deserving recipients of this award, and would like to start a new string, then please post a link to where you've started in in the comments to this post. I would love for many deserving bloggers to be blessed with this recognition.