Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Thankfulness

Recently, a friend forwarded an email of things to be thankful for. I should have just copied it into my blog, but I deleted the email before I thought about posting it. Basically, it was a list of things we normally complain about, but each one proved that indeed, you had something to be thankful for. For example, you can whine about having to do the lawn or clean the gutters, but that means you have a home. You may complain about taxes, but that means you have a job or own property. You might fuss about losing weight, but that means you have something to eat. You can get angry about the way the government handles things, but that means you live in a country with free speech. You can wake up and have aches and pains, but that means you're alive. I don't care who you are and what situation you're in, there is always something to be thankful for. Always.

"Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Jesus Christ."
I Thessalonians 5:18

No comments: