Wednesday, November 14, 2007

God Answers

Recently, a friend sent a forwarding email. I won't include the whole thing, but at the end it had this to say....

THE POWER OF PRAYER. I believe that God only gives three answers to prayer:
1. 'Yes!'
2. 'Not yet.'
3. 'I have something better in mind.'

Isn't that appropriate? I remember thinking Garth Brooks had such a great message in high school when he sang, "I thank God for unanswered prayers..." However, that's not really what happens. God doesn't ignore our requests, He answers them in a way that might not be obvious at the time. It's always in our best interest, we just take a little bit of time to see that.

"What other nation is so great as to have their gods near them the way the Lord our God is near us whenever we pray to him?"
Deuteronomy 4:7

1 comment:

Sara K. said...

Thanks for this post today! It touched me. -S