The other day, I flipped through a journal of mine. I couldn't help but notice how faithful God has been in my life. I usually write in the journal when times are tough, and somehow I managed to pull through them with God's help. I have mentioned my impatience many, many times on this blog. When I pray, I want the prayer answered right away. I can see now, that my prayers have mostly been answered. Not necessarily in the time that I asked for them, but they were answered. Yesterday was another example. My dad had come over for a coffee break. I had joked about moving the kitchen stool to where my grandfather had always had his coffee break when he came down from the sawmill. My dad then moved the stool and had his pie and coffee right where Grandpa always had his. Dad even told me that I made an apple pie as good as Grandma's. It was a moment where I knew I was finally home and my prayers had been answered. I had prayed about living in Grandma's house all last spring and yesterday it finally seemed real....like it was meant to be. It may sound silly to some of you, but for me it was just another example of God's faithfulness to me.
"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness."
II Peter 1:3
Friday, November 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am glad you are finding peace and contentment, and that you see God's hand moving in your life. I'm sure your grandma has a peace about her as well, as you love living in her home and are taking such great care of it.
1 Timothy 6:6 But godliness with contentment is great gain.
The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace. Psalm 29:11
Post a Comment