Monday, November 05, 2007

The Writing Rally



On Saturday, my daughter and I went to the big city for a writing rally. Yes, she was able to see the campus where her Dad and Grandpa were once great athletes and experience what a college campus is like. It was a beautiful November day, and we had a ton of fun. Jerry Pallotta was the featured author, and our daughter got to meet him and get her books signed by him. He was a funny man and a lot of fun to listen to, despite being a devout Red Sox fan. Our daughter wrote and illustrated her own book and is begging to go back next year. I have to say it was a lot of fun for both of us so I just might have to say yes.




2 comments:

MLove said...

What a great experience for Grace! I looked him up and was even more impressed. Guess lots of kids were thinking about writing on Saturday. It was a fun gathering in Moscow too---lots of nice, nice kids.

Sara K. said...

Sounds really great! And a whole book to come home with as well! AWESOME!!! -S