On Friday evening, my daughter and I went to Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium. We both enjoyed it immensely, despite the reviews, and for different reasons. I guess I am guilty of reading into things, like I do with songs, but I thought the movie had a wonderful message. Granted, I see things from a perspective that most do not being terminally ill. So yes, it was a bit too close to home in the middle of the movie (although handled beautifully), but the ending provided something we could all learn from. When Mahoney finally believed in herself and her abilities, magical things happened. Isn't that true? She just had to have a little faith. Having faith in yourself, in your circumstances can change everything around you. God's not going to let you down. If you have that faith, miracles happen, mountains get moved.
"...if you have faith as a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible for you."
Matthew 17:20
Monday, November 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I was thinking that film looked good! Glad to hear that it is deeper than just a fun kids film.
I posted about our Friday night movie, Bella on our blog, it was really amazing. The producers left their high-powered jobs to start a film company that would inspire, be moral, and attempt to make quality films that change a viewer. The preview is on our blog. I think it would also resonate...S
Post a Comment