Brad Paisley has a new single out called, "A Letter to Me." No, I won't provide the lyrics today, but the song is a pretty good one. He tells you what he would do if he could send a letter to himself at the age of 17. As adults, we have this wisdom and experience always wishing we could have had that perspective at a younger age. While I'm not one that likes to look back, it got me thinking about what I would tell my younger self if I had the chance. I would probably mention that grades don't make the world go around. Listen to the words of the sermon, don't just go to church because you parents make you. Nourish the friendships that you have had for a long time, don't think you need to be involved with the "cool" group. Boys are better off as friends because one of those friends will eventually be your husband! Lean on your faith more, it's the one thing you can always count on. People don't care what you become, they're more interested in who you are.
I thank God for the guidance during those years. He protected me and put me down a path where I have little regret. That was probably because of my parent's many prayers, but I feel fortunate to end up where I did...cancer and all.
"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps."
Proverbs 16:9
Friday, December 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I feel blessed by the person you became for sure!!!
I agree with everything! It is so true that it doesn't matter what you become, it's more important who you are. Concurrently, people will remember you not for what you say, but for how you make them feel. Jenny - you make everyone feel so warm, welcomed, and loved. I would say that it's like whenever you meet someone (new or old), your heart reaches out from your chest to embrace them with pure love. Looking forward to another year of blogging ... Krisianna and the whole Bock Brigade!
Post a Comment