A while back, I mentioned the story of my daughter who was not able to read a book at school due to its religious tone. I failed to mention something that happened shortly after. We were driving to gymnastics one day and she just says, "Mom, my friend and I prayed at lunch today." I was kind of taken aback since we're a family that prays at the table when our daughter reminds us to. I asked her if anyone said anything to her. She says, "No, but my friend did pray longer than me." I smiled and told her that I was proud of her. I guess it just goes to show that the true faith and values come from home. Yes, she will come up against mean kids in her life, but knowing where she stands in her heart makes things easier to bear, and she'll have the tools to get through it.
"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it."
Proverbs 22:6
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment