Christmas was amazing. We were so blessed with gifts, great food, and most of all, special time with family. I am incredibly thankful this morning for all that we have and being able to share one more Christmas with those that I love.
Christmas is such an emotional holiday. Have you ever noticed that? I guess this year, it really hit me hard as I listened to my daughter's concert and looked around the room. The school community had lost one of its own that week and you could tell it affected some. While there is such hope and the presence of God's miracle, there is a lot of pain as well. The Friday before Christmas, I stood in a store picking out sympathy cards for two couples. They had lost their sister earlier in the week. We had one grandparent treated and released from the hospital the week before Christmas, only to have the other grandparent admitted on Christmas Day. While I praised God for another Christmas, I couldn't help but reflect on our most difficult year yet in dealing with this disease. Two of my dearest friends dealt with divorce this year. A very special nurse friend of mine lost her godson only a month before Christmas. It was going to be a very tough one for her. I don't mean to be melancholy on the day after such a wonderful celebration, but there is a lot of pain in the world sometimes. We forget that Christmas might be difficult for the widows and the kids that have lost a parent or perhaps, a sibling. It's important to remember those that struggle with this time of year. We need to wrap them up in our love and prayers and let them know that we're thinking of them. We know that life isn't always easy, and we can't pretend it is. However, we can always find a way to let someone know that we're there for them.
"For it is hope that helps us make sense of this world in which we are living. It is hope that says, What you see with your eyes is not all there is. Look closer and you will see there is so much more. And as we start to see the bigger picture, our hope grows. We can make more sense of the suffering and troubles around us. We can see signs that there is real and deep meaning in this world, and that sparks our hope."
~Nicole Johnson
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
We really have to stop sharing thoughts! ha I couldn't believe, again, that we wrote on the same type of thing. I'm praying for you! Blessings!!
Connie
So true... it makes me realize how if you did not know the true meaning of Christmas it is really just another day. I am so glad you had a nice time with your family!! Thanks for your thoughts today - as always they were great! Love ya! A
Post a Comment