Tuesday, December 11, 2007

They Still Happen

If you look back on my blog during the first week of December in 2006, I mentioned a horrifying accident that involved my daughter's gymnastic coaches. Their car went through the ice and while the oldest made it to shore, the younger one was trapped. Fortunately both were rescued, however the younger sister was close to death at one point. I remember that night...praying that God would spare them for I loved their energy, their faith, and their influence on my daughter. They were just wonderful women that we needed here on earth for a bit longer.

Now fast forward to last night. Some how, my brother-in-law while kayaking found a woman's wallet in the mud. When he showed it to my sister, she immediately knew whose it was and gave it to me. Last night, I was able to hand over that purse to my friend, the oldest sister, and hold her while we wept in awe of the amazing miracle that had just occurred. She was still here. They had made it through. God is amazing. I know that words can't not portray the significance of the moment, but it was one of the most powerful things I have ever experienced. Miracles happen all the time. In fact, I just saw one last night.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
Philippians 4:13

2 comments:

IdahoGirls said...

Amazing story!!!

Sara K. said...

That is truly amazing. I think your blog could be called Miracle Moose Acres because you are always sharing about the Amazing things that God does. When I see little Morgan's updates and see how she is growing like crazy...I think the same thing. God is so amazing and He does such amazing things!

Thank you for sharing miracles with us. -S