Friday, December 14, 2007

Reality Hits Hard

It's a different time of year. One minute, you're stressing about the gifts, the baking, and the get-togethers. It turns you into the Grinch and you're desperate for a nap. Then in the next moment, God stops you in your tracks to remind you of the true reason for the season. I was resting yesterday afternoon when that moment happened. I was overcome by this song, connecting the manger to the cross and how unbelievable the gift of Christmas really is. We didn't deserve it, but He did it anyway. Now that is something to celebrate.




In a land far away
Time stood still
Long ago there were shepherds in fields
Or at least this is how the story goes
The story goes
Woman with child
And a man with no room
Born in a manger
For telling it too
This is how the story goes
But it is more than a fable
And it’s more than a fairytale
And more than my mind can conceive

I believe
The Wiseman saw the baby born the angels called the son of God
Heaven’s child
The great I am
Born to take away my sins through nailed pierced hands
Emmanuel has come
I believe

Two thousand years
Still the story lives on
God’s gift to us
Sent to earth Wrapped in flesh His only son
His only son
And the heartbeat of heaven confounded our wisdom
But it’s still the simple truth that sets me free

I believe
The Wiseman saw The baby born that the angels called the son of God
Heaven’s child
The great I am
Born to take away my sins through nailed pierced hands
Emmanuel has come
And I believe
Precious child How can it be that God’s great plan
For his story would send you to the lonely tree
That you would come For one like me
I believe in a cross
I believe he came
For one, he came for all
Heavens child became a plan
Gave his life for me in spite of all I am
I believe
I believe
Oh I believe
Christmas lives in me
I believe

I Believe, Natalie Grant

1 comment:

IdahoGirls said...

I almost lost my Christmas spirit in the post office yesterday and then I swear the Holy Spirit whispered in my ear if you can't find the meaning of Christmas here you won't find it anywhere. I listened. Peace came over me, and I endured all the people before me who needed each and every one of their Christmas cards individually stamped by the post office. Not to mention I kept my cool in front of my 4- year old daughter - God meets you in the funniest of places for sure!!!