Thursday, April 17, 2008

Celebrate Life



Once again, I am overwhelmed by the love that surrounds me. Last night, a benefit concert was put together for Celebrate Life. This is an organization that my sister and her close friend established for cancer patients in our community. It is a simple fund that the nurses at the hospital, hospice, and local cancer center can draw from to make a patient's day a little bit easier. Whether it's a gas card, some firewood, a massage, or a simple coffee card, the nurse knows what a patient needs and tries to help put a smile back on his or her face.


In a matter of a few short weeks, my sister and a few of her pals brought Bomshel, a terrific new country duo which has roots here in our hometown, in to help with a great concert last night. Unfortunately, I was unable to attend due to my blood counts. It was hard to be away for such an emotional and inspirational night, but I want to be able to be around when they come visit for the Festival concert this summer. In any case, I'm extremely proud of what my sister has accomplished. She has done so much for this cancer community and all those affected. Bomshel has a wonderful song that talks about The Power of One. We all have a chance to make a difference, and we have to believe we have that power within ourselves. Especially when you're called according to His Purpose.
Bravo to the Celebrate Life Committee and Bomshel. You are such a light in this community!
"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."
Romans 8:28

2 comments:

IdahoGirls said...

That is amazing!!!

Unknown said...

Hi Jen,

I am one of April's Yada Yada Prayer group. She forwarded me the link to your blog as we have been praying for you and I read it every morning! I look forward to logging on to my computer each day so I can be inspired. You are such a talented writer and are amazing at knowing the perfect bible verses for every situation! I have your post on parenting printed out and taped to my bathroom mirror! :)

I love the concept of the Celebrate Life Committe Fund and would love to donate to it. I have had several relatives battle cancer and I cant think of a better way to honor them than to bring some sort of joy or comfort to someone else who is battling it now. If you wouldnt mind sending me your sister's contact info, I will get in touch and figure out how to best donate.

Thanks again for the inspiration everday. May God continue to bless you (and bless us through your inspiration!) We are praying for you daily!

Tara (Yada Yada) :)