Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Railroad Crossings

If you have followed my blog for awhile, you know that we have moved into my Grandmother's house and have put our house up for sale. We still have stuff at our house, but most of it has been brought in so we could get settled here. There were lots of trips back and forth, of course, and there are many different ways to get to Grandma's from old home. One of the quickest routes involves two railroad crossings. One of the crossings has the arms that come down, and the other crossing does not. Everytime I have to pass the crossing without arms, it makes me think about the amount of trust I have in that crossing and how much I trust my God. See, if the lights aren't blinking, I assume a train is not coming and I continue along, staying close to the speed limit, not really slowing down. It seems like I have a whole lot of trust in that railroad and its system. A trust like no other, really. I am trusting the railroad with my life because I'll just blitz right over the tracks. It really makes me wonder if I trust God like that. Do I trust Him with my life? Or do I have to actually see the "arms" come down to make me stop and believe He is in control? A simple railroad analogy makes me realize that my faith needs some work, and I need to put more trust in my God than in the system that runs the lights.

"Let all those rejoice who put their trust in You..." ~Psalm 5:11

1 comment:

IdahoGirls said...

My friend you have a gift!! We all loved the hunting poses from yesterday too - especially Taylor! WE all agree Grace makes a pretty natural looking hunter - it is in here gene pool!