Thursday, April 24, 2008

Peace

As I sat down to write my blog this morning, I could hear my daughter crying in her bedroom. Apparently, she had experienced a bad dream. I love the fact that I can go in there and comfort her. I can make that fear go away with a cuddle and a promise that mommy is here and the dream is not. She quickly becomes at peace again and falls asleep, knowing that all is going to be okay. It's kind of ironic that this happened this morning. Recently, we have really struggled with our own living nightmare, but this morning I was feeling a great peace from God. A peace like the kind your mother can bring when you're scared in the middle of the night. A peace that allows you to breathe easy for one day, knowing this too may pass and your fears no longer exist.

"I sought the Lord, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears."
Psalm 34:4

No comments: