Friday, April 18, 2008

The Good and Bad in April

I've always had a tough time with the month of April. Not a lot of great things happen within this month, but I try to stay positive. I do have to say that it usually is good for a spring break and of course, celebrates the birthdays of my terrific mother-in-law and my best pal from elementary school. Beyond that, things turn a little sad. It marks the anniversary of the Columbine Tragedy, the Oklahoma City Bombing, and the Virginia Tech Massacre. It is the month that took my grandfather and my great-uncle. Tomorrow marks the 8 year anniversary of my initial diagnosis. It's always bittersweet. While I'm thrilled I was granted another year of life, I can't help but be sad that it isn't gone or eliminated from my body. However, I'm still here and I know that God can hear my cry for mercy. April has almost come and gone...we're good for another round.

"The Lord has heard my cry for mercy; the Lord accepts my prayer."
Psalm 6:9

1 comment:

Lili Dot said...

Jenny,

Just wanted you to know we were thinking of you. Hey, just another milestone for you, right? A pretty special one, to be sure. Not many people can say they are 8-year survirors...on to the next one!

I'm sending out our film to multiple Komen affiliates this week...your message of courage and hope just keeps spreading!