Wednesday, April 09, 2008

I Saw God Today

George Strait has an amazing new song out. I wanted to share the chorus with you this morning.

I've been to church, I've read the book. I know He's here, but I don't look. Near as often as I should. Yea, I know I should. His finger-prints are every-where. I just slowed down to stop and stare. Opened my eyes, and man, I swear. I saw God today.
~George Strait, I Saw God Today

After whining about the woes of winter earlier in my blog yesterday, we were able to spend sometime outside in the yard with a fire. I saw God in the sunshine. I saw God while my daughter devoured a Girl Scout S'more. I saw God in the joy of my parents being able to help us clean up around our place. He truly is everywhere, but we forget to look. We get so consumed by the every day and what needs to be done. It's time to take a look and find Him in our daily routine.

No comments: