I'm a pretty private person. I would soon rather walk across a bed of nails than share my story or pray with an intimate group of women. I've always been like that. In fact, my college roommates would tease me about my lack of "self-disclosure." That's why today I'm very proud of two women in my life. They have really both pushed themselves outside their comfort zones and found it very rewarding. One of them has joined a women's bible study and has really gained some incredible insight. The other one has signed up to greet people at church. She's a quiet and reserved person so do this was huge, but once she did it, she found it very rewarding.
Sometimes we don't know what are gifts are, and unless we push ourselves once in awhile, we may never found out. It's frightening, but the rewards can be amazing.
"Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them...."
Romans 12:6
Friday, April 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I would say you have come a long ways from the days of "non-disclosure" my friend. And as a side bar, I am as always blessed by you using your gifts to the fullest!!! Thinking of you guys and hoping you are having a great break! Love, A
Post a Comment