Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Stay Focused

All of my life, I have been a driven individual. Some say it would be a Type-A personality, which I would have to probably admit to being. However, there are times when I can get hung up by little details that allow doubt or fear to creep in. I notice that I handle my spiritual life in the same manner. While most of the time, my focus is God's great plan and allowing myself to totally submit to His will and His timing. Once in awhile, though, I let things distract me so my vision is shaken and fear consumes my way of thinking. If I could just keep focused on Him, the peace will remain. We can't let the little things trip up our spiritual walk. We trust Him with the big things, we should let go of the little things as well.

"You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You."
Isaiah 26:3

No comments: