I don't normally name names or places in my blog, but I have to make an exception today. The community is honoring a very dear friend of mine that passed away in August. If you live in the area, I encourage you to go skiing tomorrow in honor of Heather. She was an amazing person and someone who has done so much for the cancer community. Most people go to support groups, but I never have. Heather was my "support group." No one understood what I was going through more than her. I miss her, but know that she doesn't want me to be sad. In fact, she would rather have us put those emotions into action. I had the opportunity to contribute a quote for her funeral program. I think I'll share it today because we could all use a lesson from Heather. "This is our purpose: to make as meaningful as possible this life that has been bestowed upon us, to live in such a way that we may be proud of ourselves, to act in such a way that some part of us lives on."
O. Spenger
1 comment:
My thoughts and prayers go with Heather today! I wish I could have known her because I know if she was a friend of yours she was pretty awesome. Thanks for yesterday's blog too by the way - and the day before and the day before... you are a great source of daily bread you know that?
Post a Comment