Thursday, December 14, 2006

Today is a Gift

I got up a little later than usual today and immediately felt behind. I was kind of grumbling while I was feeding the animals and running around trying to get things done before my daughter woke up. Then I realized that this was a special day, and I better stop with the grumpy attitude. I moved my treatment so I could be with my little girl today. We're going to sing carols to the elderly and go for a sleigh ride up at a local ranch with her classmates. I had moved my treatment specifically so I could make a memory with her. I immediately kicked myself in the rear and thanked God that I am able to be here to enjoy it. It really is a gift to be alive and no matter how late you sleep in, it all gets done eventually.

"Consider each day as another day of life, a gift from God to be enjoyed as fully as possible."
Orville Kelly

1 comment:

IdahoGirls said...

I don't know why but my email and my blog comments are having trouble getting through.... technology.... I left a comment yesterday and it did not show. So I will say it again, "Your blog is a daily gift to me!" Hope you had fun on the sleigh ride.