It's that time of year again. We have a list of gifts to get and time is running out. All of the sudden, something that is supposed to be a joyful experience is turning out to be a "must-do" kind of thing. I don't want a gift from someone that doesn't enjoy doing it. What's the purpose of that? "Here's your gift. I hope you like it. It took me all day to find it so I hope you're happy." No thanks.
When you're out there shopping for loved ones and friends, make sure your heart is in the right place. Don't do anything because you have to...do it because you want to. Besides, we all know if they're really loved ones or friends, they'll love the simple gift from the heart the best.
"A merry heart makes a cheerful countenance, but by the sorrow of the heart the spirit is broken."
Proverbs 15:13
Wednesday, December 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Does this apply to sending Christmas cards too? =) Tee hee just kidding'! I tell you what it is not the gift buying I minded this year it was the cranky people on the road lately. Boise seems to be losing their manners this season. Thanks for the reminder though it will help me keep my attitude in check I need a little dose of tolerance for it that is for sure. Have a great day!
Here here! I have been stressing about it all, but you are right...a stressed gift, really isn't one after all! -Sara
Post a Comment