A while back, I mentioned something about gift-giving. I said that you should do it from the heart and keep it simple. Well, it's that time of year, and I notice how I struggle with the other side of things so I need to mention it in my blog. I figure this is one way to keep me accountable.
When someone gives you a gift, simply say "thank you." I'm awful at this. I'll either say, "Oh, you didn't have to do that!" or "You didn't need to get me something." Neither one of those statements really sound grateful. What does sound grateful is saying thank you and an earnest "I appreciate you thinking of me." While some of you don't have this problem, I urge those that do to try it. It may feel awkward at first, but it should get easier with time.
"Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the bones."
Proverbs 16:24
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment