Thursday, March 08, 2007

Antiques

I have a fascination with antiques. My dream is to have a farm house full of relics from the past. I have dressers that I have re-finished to make them look old. In fact, I have ordered my easter dress, and it's a vintage dress from the 50's. I'm pretty sure the love of antiques came from a family endeavor. I have childhood memories of digging in old dumps with my parents and aunts and uncles looking for these treasures. We'd spend weekends at local antique shows in order to sell these amazing finds and just collect the things we could not part with. I'm not sure, but I think it's the chance to physically be able to step backwards in time. Everything has a story. Every piece has a meaning, especially those that come from family. If we hang on to a little bit of the past, there will always be a connection to our roots, and we won't forget how far we have come.

"If you want to understand today, you have to search yesterday."
~Pearl Buck

1 comment:

Shawn S. said...

So true! I can't wait to see a picture of that special Easter dress! -Sara