It's a funny thing...doubt. It can creep up on you and rob you off all your faith in an instance. Let's take for example what happened yesterday. Spring weather brings on spring roads. We have a 1/2 mile stretch of solid mud that requires 4-wheel drive. Mud scares me. I'm afraid of getting stuck and unlike snow, it can hurt your vehicle. So to have to brave this treacherous stretch twice, sometimes 4 times a day, makes me ill. However, I breezed through yesterday morning, taking our daughter to school and coming back home. While I was home, my neighbor came over and talked about how he refused to drive it for fear of getting stuck. He was sure that he wasn't going to make it due to skinny tires and the heavy weight of his truck. Here was something I JUST DID, but now I'm thinking it's not such a great idea. Doubt crept in and totally destroyed any faith I had in myself. This morning, with fresh look at the situation, I can't believe I let that happen. Why would I be scared of doing something that I had already accomplished? It can make you realize how useless doubt is and how we need to get rid of it altogether.
"But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind."
James 1:6
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment