Friday, March 02, 2007

Make Prayer Your 4-Wheel Drive

Wednesday was a horrible day to be driving. It was practically white-out conditions and by the time I brought our daughter home from school, the snow had piled up. So much, that it took 4-wheel drive to get into our driveway because it had drifted shut. Now...here is this woman with a big truck. What if I had failed to put it into 4-wheel drive? I can imagine the conversation when I call my husband for help. (I promise that this really didn't happen.)

"Honey, I can't get into our driveway."
"What do you mean? Are you stuck?"
"Well, yeah. I think so. What should I do?"
"Did you put in 4-wheel drive?"
"Uh...no. Should I?"
"Uh...yeah. That would probably help things. Why don't you do that and call me back."

Five minutes later....

"Hi, I'm safely in the garage now."
"Good to know. And next time, why don't you put it 4-wheel drive in these conditions."

Common sense, right? I figure it's a lot like prayer. Some big storm comes your way, what's the first thing you should do? Pray. Don't go through the situation in 2-wheel drive when you need 4-wheel drive. You'll just end up getting stuck.

"And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."
Matthew 21:22

1 comment:

IdahoGirls said...

Great analogy my friend- you are a gifted writer. Are you considering any book deals yet??? While we don't need 4 wheel drive down here, we also have snow! It is crazy!! Hope all is well on your end. Love, The Boise Bunch