Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Not by Works

I received flowers from my church yesterday. I'm not sure why. I haven't even seen them yet because they weren't able to deliver them to my house (due to an impassable muddy road.) It probably has to do with the recent news of my cancer flaring up and just a gesture of encouragement. I don't deserve the flowers. I haven't been to church hardly at all this year so I know it's not for perfect attendance. However, I don't think my minister and the staff really keep track of that. They love me no matter what. They care about me no matter how many times I fail to walk through the door. You know, it's a prime example of God's love. While I try to talk to him daily and make it through the day without transgression, I trip up occasionally. It doesn't matter because He loves me anyway. He's not keeping track of my gold stars. He's surrounding me with his love and grace.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast."
Ephesians 2:8,9

1 comment:

justin said...

we are thinking of you and praying for you. if you need anything, let us know.