
My college roommate and I have always been impatient. We expect things to happen at the pace we set, and get antsy when it doesn't happen. I laughed when she sent me this amaryllis bulb a while back because it was her effort to bring spring to me quicker. You know what, it really worked! In the grey of winter, she sent this bulb. It slowly came to life and bloomed just this week. It was fun watching it get taller and now it's amazing to look at. Then all of the sudden, we have this day full of sunshine yesterday. It was like spring had arrived and this little flower helped me pass the time. What a wonderful gift!
"Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience."
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 comments:
Oh my gosh! I can't believe it actually bloomed. Only you lil' Miss Green Thumb could get it to grow it would still be just DIRT if I were growing it. Nice work! Love, A
Beautiful! A nice touch of spring! -Sara
Post a Comment