I read an article a while ago by Rick Warren, the author of the popular The Purpose Driven Life. He was talking about how pain and suffering has a purpose. It makes us confident and helps us rely on God to develop our character. We have to make the choice to be grateful for hard times, though, which can be difficult. However, yesterday it seemed very easy for me. I was on my way home from giving a talk to a group of women who had been affected by cancer. I had shown my movie and then there was a short discussion afterwards. I fielded questions of every variety from side effects of certain chemos to what exactly are tumor markers. As I drove home, I had this great feeling of satisfaction in that I was able to help someone through my suffering. There is a reason that cancer is with me. Despite the turmoil it has created in my life, the blessings far outweigh any pain that I'm going through. God has a purpose and a plan. I just need to continue to listen.
"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose."
Romans 8:28
Tuesday, March 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
This is powerful today! And an answer to my prayers, Thanks! Love A
Thank you for sharing!
Angela
PS-- I will try to get some pictures up from Mexico today! I don't know how many or how well my pictures turned out. Angie's sister Darcy took nearly 1,000 pictures on their souped-up digital camera, so I hope to get a CD from her in the coming weeks. But I'll get something on there.
Soon. :)
Ang
Beautiful, Jenny. I would love to see your movie sometime. I've been silently reading your blog for a while, but I finally decided to post a comment :)
Love, Angie
Post a Comment