My dear friend turned 60 on Monday. However, her celebration was cut short when she had to put down her beloved horse that day. While I know it comes with the territory of owning a farm, my friend has had to put down two of her old friends down in a very short time. Horses are such a comfort, such therapy in this harsh world. While maybe some people might not understand what she has been through, my heart breaks for her as a horse owner. I stumbled across this quote and thought that it was very appropriate.Somewhere in time's own space
There must be some sweet pastured place
Where creeks sing on and tall trees grow
Some paradise where horses go,
For by the love that guides my pen
I know great horses live again.
~Stanley Harrison
1 comment:
Thank you, Jenny. The quote is beautiful as are your thoughts.
Post a Comment