Wednesday, June 13, 2007

A Teenage Moment

Yesterday, I let our daughter return a phone call to a friend from school. He (yes, HE) has left a couple of messages on our answering machine, and she was begging me to let her call him back. While I know it's first grade and our daughter has no idea what a boyfriend is, I still had a hard time letting her do that. If I think too hard, I can certainly imagine the scenario 7 years from now. It would not be as innocent. In any case, they chatted for about 10 minutes before I asked her to get off the phone. (I couldn't handle it anymore.) She was so excited when she got off and asked to set up a playdate as soon as possible. Great...a date. I'm not ready for the teen years...can you tell??

Many a man wishes he were strong enough to tear a telephone book in half - especially if he has a teenage daughter.
~Guy Lombardo

No comments: