Friday, June 15, 2007

Mom and Dad

Since I usually don't post on weekends, today I need to mention mom and dad. Mom has a birthday tomorrow, and of course, Father's Day is Sunday. I've been blessed in that I've been raised in a small town and by parents that loved me unconditionally, yet always with rules. You realize how good you had it when you become a parent yourself. That's when all the wisdom and enlightening comes crashing down....wishing you had never taken them or their advice for granted. We always called it "character building" in our house. That was anything you didn't want to do, but were made to do it anyway. While I didn't enjoy it at times, I'm glad it was enforced. It's molded me and my sister into what we are today. So thanks, Mom and Dad. Happy Birthday and Happy Father's Day with love.

Good, honest, hardheaded character is a function of the home. If the proper seed is sown there and properly nourished for a few years, it will not be easy for that plant to be uprooted.
~George A. Dorsey

1 comment:

MLove said...

Happy birthday to Carrie and hugs to Roy----two fine parents.

Marianne