Friday, July 06, 2007

Favorite Memories

A year or two ago, I watched an Oprah show that dealt with cancer. One story particularly resonated with me as I watched a young mom deal with the end of her life. She had made all kinds of videos for her little girl to have while she was growing up without her. That was one part of the story. The other part was that this family had made a big trip to Disneyland to make one big memory for everyone before the mother passed away. However, when Oprah asked the little girl what her favorite part of the whole trip was, everyone was shocked. The little girl told Oprah about one night that they couldn't sleep so she and her mom had a bowl of Cheerios in the middle of the night together. That was her favorite memory.

Yesterday, was one of those days for my daugher and I. We went to the lake together and just hung out. It was a perfect day and the water was nice. No big theme parks...no long lines...not even that many people. Just a ham and cheese sandwich and homemade cookies. Perfect.

While we try to teach our children all about life,
Our children teach us what life is all about.
~Angela Schwindt

3 comments:

IdahoGirls said...

This is a great story... and the pics from the 4th are adorable!!!!

Melissa Nodzu said...

The simplest things bring the greatest pleasures :)

I think you have a great advantage over many of us in the fact that you treasure what you have at every moment - bless you Jenny - I enjoy learning from you.

Melissa

Daddy-O said...

You are an angel on earth and a total inspiration. We feel so blessed to be a part of your circle of friends. We will be in Idaho in late July. Can we come over for a visit?