Thursday, July 26, 2007

Watchya gonna do today???

An old cowboy says, "Ride your best horse first." I was thinking about that as my new Harry Potter book sat on my cedar chest. My mother-in-law dropped it off on Monday night. Now, I have a stack of books by my bed that need to be read. I try to be good about reading classics so Catcher in the Rye sits there. As well as a book on the success to eBay. Oh, and a book that reveals the secrets and meanings of C.S. Lewis' Narnia. Not to mention, I finally got my copy of Wicked from the library....something I had been looking forward to reading for a long time after hearing the story is now on Broadway. Now a disciplined girl would read them in order or at least finish one before treating herself to this new book. However, I got to thinking that life is too short to be disciplined about it. I had to start Harry Potter.

We need to be like that more in life. Sometimes we let the what we "should" do overtake the "want" to all too often. Yes, there are certain things we need to accomplish each day, but beyond that do you take time to really enjoy your day? No one on their death bed wishes they worked more or washed their windows more often. Make the most of each breath that God has given you. The chores can wait...have some fun today!!!

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.
~Elwyn Brooks White

3 comments:

Sara K. said...

THanks for the message! I really appreciate it. And you know exactly how I feel about your choice of Harry! :) I have also wanted to read Wicked. I should get it from the library after I finish reading Harry 7 again and finish my semester of classes! :) -S

IdahoGirls said...

I love all the book options you ladies are sending my way!!! And horray - with all my remodelling I don't have to cook or clean a darn thing! So I have time to read - well kind of!!!

Daddy-O said...

I say ... read the book you want to, eat dessert first, and then take a long hot bath ... before you clean the house and eat the veggies. We'll see you soon, Jenny! - Kris