Nine years ago this morning, I was crying on the living room floor of my parents. I had not slept at all due to the intense thunder storms during the night and was exhausted. I woke up to find that I couldn't place the license that was supposed to make the day legal. We called everyone...looked everywhere. Fortunately, my dad broke into the restaurant from the night before and found that license. The show would go on!
Looking back, it's hard to believe that something like that would upset me. When you say the vows, "for better or worse, in sickness and in health, as long as you both shall live" that used to mean getting the flu and bouncing a check. I cried about burning pizza and money in that first year of marriage. I did not realize that much bigger issues were on the horizon. God knew what He was doing when He put us together. This hell that we go through is not in vain....it only makes our marriage stronger and I thank God for the man he put in my life. I think about our cousins in Michigan who are dealing with such pain and loss right now. God put another match together that will make it through the dark valley of life. Dr. James Dobson says," We human beings can survive the most difficult of circumstances if we are not forced to stand alone." We were paired up with our soulmates, the loves of lives. We took a vow...and meant every word.
"Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm; for love is strong as death."
Song of Solomon 8:6
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Congratulations! What a gift it is to me to have been there on this day 9 years ago (oh that license...). You and Jeff are an amazing example of a couple that lives out the most difficult and unimaginable part of their wedding day vows. My best wishes for you both today! -Sara
I remember the wedding license morning... I completely forgot all about that. All I remembered was how amzing you looked and how happy you both were (you know I love your wedding video - almost obsessively). Congrats on such an accomplishment today... I have a card and letter needing to be finished that will be late, BUT please know I was thinking of you both today!!! Love, April
Congratulations :)
Melissa
Has it been nine years already? I remember that wedding. I figured that was a pretty good match-up that day. Still do. Congratulations.
Marianne
Happy anniversary, Jenny!
Love, Angie
I, too, remember that day although I was blissfully ignorant of the wedding license "issue" earlier that morning.
Congratulations to the both of you!
Angela
I remember that wonderful day as well! I guess life is all about perspective and sometimes we lose sight of what is reallly important. We had to put our dear dog Max down today and although it was hard.. I too am thankful for my husband who stands by my side everyday!
We are lucky girls aren't we:) Congrats on year 9... you will never catch us though:)
Post a Comment