Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A Little Bit of Change

Our daughter had a gymnastics clinic yesterday, and it didn't go so well. It was a different form of gymnastics, one that used hoops and ribbons. She thought it sounded fun when she signed up for it, but it turned out to be very difficult. Apparently, she was the youngest and was discouraged because there were a lot of moves she couldn't do. She was very hard on herself, but she still tried. Change can be difficult. It's hard for anyone, but kids seems to be more adaptable than adults are. I'm proud of her for trying something new. We should all break out of our ruts more often. Yes, there is comfort in our old routines, but change can force us to grow.

"Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress."
I Timothy 4:15

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you don't think Grace is sold on rythmic gymnastics?? :) Good for her for trying!

Daddy-O said...

Don't worry ... when I was little, I did gymnastics 3 times and then quit! Years later, I found running. Gracie has super duper athletic genes - it's just a matter of finding what she loves. If she's good at it, well, that's just an extra bonus.

See you soon (maybe even next week!). - Kris